Experience the Most Fun Sea Lion Encounter Excursion in Cozumel at Chankanaab
This unique encounter will most probably be the funniest adventure of your entire vacation! Our sea lions are extremely friendly, playful and their curious behavior will make you laugh! This is the only place in Cozumel to experience such a fun Sea Lion Encounter Excursion.
Located in the magnificent Chankanaab National Park, with its lush vegetation, stunning views and breath taking crystal clear turquoise waters, experience an up-close interaction with these amusing creatures. Have the opportunity to pet them, feed them and let them show you their friendly mood with a kiss on your cheek! Your guide will be in the water at all times with your group.
Learn about their characteristics, habits and take home unforgettable memories that will keep your heart smiling for a long time.
Guests on this excursion may also enjoy doing some of the other activities/amenities at Chankanaab Park including exploring the botanical garden, relaxing on the beach or in a hammock, swimming in the sheltered lagoon, or renting snorkel gear.
Where we meet
For the Sea Lion Swim Encounter Excursion we meet directly at Cozumel Chankanaab Park entrance, just present your E-Ticket at the counter to proceed to the Dolphin Program Area. Chankanaab Park is only a 5 minute taxi ride away from the south piers Puerta Maya and the International pier or a 10 minute ride from Punta Langosta downtown pier, taxi fare is $10.00 per taxi (1- 4 people each way, not included in excursion price). All necessary details will be printed on your E-Ticket.
What is included?
- Admission to Cozumel Chankanaab Park
- Cozumel Sea Lion Swim Encounter Excursion including up-close experience with sea lions, interesting facts about their life and great interactive moments
- The Sea Lion Discovery Excursion length in Cozumel includes orientation.
- Chankanaab admission rate for companions or without sea lion program is $19 USD adults and $10 USD children.
- It is important to arrive 30 minutes before your program.
- This Sea Lion Excursion has a maximum of 10 people per departure for a personal experience.
- The Cozumel Chankanaab Park is opened daily from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Photos and videos of your Sea Lion Excursion are available for purchase after the activity.
- Remember to use biodegradable sunscreen to protect your skin, the environment and marine life.
- Bring towels and cash for taxis, shopping, meals, etc.
- Additional entrance tickets for Cozumel Chankanaab Park (for accompanying people) may be purchased at the entrance to Chankanaab National Park.
- Minimum age to participate in the Sea Lion Discovery Excursion is 8 years old.
- Any child 8 - 11yrs old must be accompanied by a paying adult as a companion in the water with them.
- Children 11 or older will be able to do the excursion without a paying adult with them in the water.
- For safety reasons, expecting mothers are not allowed to participate in any of our aquatic programs.
- Wearing safety vests during any water program is mandatory.
Do I need to take my passport with me on the Cozumel Sea Lion Encounter Excursion at Chankanaab Park to show with my Electronic Shore Excursion Ticket? Show Answer
Excursion Cancellation PolicySee Cancellation Policy of this Cozumel Sea Lion Encounter Excursion at Chankanaab Park